Annual membership costs
£30.00 for the UK and £34.00 for the rest of the world. You can join for 1, 2 , 3 or 4 years at a time, freezing the fee for that period. Calculate the cost in your currency.
Payment goes through PayPal’s secure server and you can pay by debit/credit card or use your PayPal account. You don’t need a PayPal account to pay by card.
If you have a Pounds Sterling bank account, and do not wish to pay by PayPal, you can print and complete this form and post it to us with your payment to the address shown on the form.
Members of the Dorothy Dunnett Society receive:
- A quarterly magazine, Whispering Gallery, containing articles on subjects related to the works of Dorothy Dunnett, and letters from readers.
- The right to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM), which usually takes place each April during the Society’s Edinburgh Weekend gathering. More about the Dunnett Weekend can be found on our News and Forthcoming Events pages and further information is published in Whispering Gallery.
- The knowledge that you are supporting our initiatives, such as the provision of the Dunnett Memorial stone at the Writers’ Museum in Edinburgh in 2006. Current initiatives include the cataloguing of the Dunnett literary archive at the National Library of Scotland, and the annual Dorothy Dunnett History Prize essay competition to encourage interest in the periods about which Dorothy Dunnett wrote.
- Notice of local and international events such as gatherings organised by individual members.
- The ability to borrow books that the Society buys for the use of its members.
- Discounts on goods sold by the Dorothy Dunnett Society shop.
- The knowledge that you are part of an organisation founded by Dorothy Dunnett and with her aims at the forefront of all that we do.
More information on membership: