- Dorothy Dunnett’s 1989 Off The Page Scottish Television (STV) interview (23 mins), in which she talks about her childhood and how she became a writer. You have to register an email address, password and UK postcode to gain access to the video through the STV Player.
- Dorothy’s address to the Philadelphia Gathering in 2000. The full transcript of this fascinating and deeply moving talk is in The Miraculous Mirror, published by the Society and available from our online shop.
- In honour of International Dorothy Dunnett Day 2016, ABC Classic FM made available a podcast of Dorothy being interviewed by Margaret Throsby in the year 2000. At 41 mins long it’s just wonderful to listen to. Thank you ABC!
- Dorothy Dunnett speaking about her childhood, and how she became a writer, on BBC Radio’s Desert Island Discs – first broadcast on Saturday 24 April 1982 (40 mins).
- Dorothy Dunnett addresses the Sir Walter Scott Club in 1992 and proposes the toast to Sir Walter in her capacity as Club President – listen here (71 MB, 51 mins play time – sound quality variable).