Oxford Day 2014
June 7th 2013
A day of Music and Art at Wolfson College, Oxford
- Dr Geri Parlby: The history and legends of St Catherine’s Monastery, Mount Sinai
- A recital and talk on early French and Italian music for the clavichord and harpsichord
Booking forms available in the New Year
A Journey to Stamford
19th – 21st September 2014
Saturday Lecture Day featuring:
- David Bostwick, an expert on Tudor furniture, specializing in the cultural history of the Mediaeval, Tudor and Stuart periods.
- The Landi Textile Conservation Company on ‘The Upkeep of the Mediaeval Bed’.
- Jon Culverhouse, curator of Burghley House on ‘The Travelling Earls’.
- Dorothy Dunnett talk by Julia Hart
- Quiz and much more
All held in the Cheke Room at Burghley House with provision for full refreshments for the day and easy parking.
In addition on Friday 19th there is an opportunity to take a Blue Badge guided walk around the ancient Mediaeval Wool town of Stamford and on Sunday 21st a personal guided tour of Burghley House and time to explore the wonderful grounds.
A weekend full of fascinating features.